If you disagree with a decision that has been made to deny, vary, suspend or cancel your income assistance or mandatory benefit, you can ask for an internal review of the decision.

Please read the following questions and answers before you make an appeal.

How do I request an internal review?
Tenants/Applicants must make a written request for an internal review to Oxford County’s Human Services department. Include any information that will help to review and consider the decision.

A request for an internal review must be made within ten days of the original decision.

Will I receive Social Assistance while waiting for the Social Benefits Tribunal decision?
You can apply for interim assistance while you wait for a tribunal decision. Please note that your eligibility for interim assistance is decided by the Ontario Social Benefits Tribunal, not the Oxford County Human Services department.

Who completes the internal review?
The internal review will be completed by a Supervisor of Affordable Housing in coordination with the Manager. The decision will be made by someone who did not make the original decision. The facts of your case will be reviewed to either confirm or change the decision.

When will I know the result of the decision?
The decision will be made within 10 working days of receiving the review.

What if I disagree with the Internal Review decision?
You may appeal in writing to the Director of Human Services and Housing within 10 days of the internal review decision. The Director will advise of the decision within 10 days.