Help get things cooking in Oxford County!
Try out a kitchen gadget before committing to a purchase:
- Bake a special themed cake for your child’s birthday party
- Borrow cookie cutters for a family baking spree
- Make homemade pasta for a special dinner
- Borrow a slow cooker for weekend chili or a hearty soup made from fresh local ingredients
- Plus many more ideas….
Here’s how the Kitchen Library works:
- Register as a Kitchen Library member – in person, at any branch of OCL. You must have an OCL library card in good standing. You will be required to sign the Rules of Use
- Search the Kitchen Library inventory list
- Place a hold on the item(s) you want
- Use them, clean them, and return them by the due date.
Loan periods are of one week’s duration, but longer loans may be requested, depending on the availability and popularity of the item.
Oxford County Library provides free and equitable access to all residents of Oxford County.
Kitchen Library equipment may also be used during food demos and classes held at library branches. Through the Kitchen Library, we hope to foster a love of home cooking and enjoyment of fresh, seasonal food, and to help families in their efforts to provide healthy, affordable meals.