In order to exercise control over extra postage costs which were not budgeted for in 2019, the following changes will be in place:
- OCL patrons can submit a maximum of 5 ILLO requests per month.
- This limit is not cumulative, i.e. unused requests cannot be carried over.
- OCL patrons who do not pick up their requested ILLO items may lose ILLO privileges.
- Certain collection types will not be considered for ILLO. We will neither send out nor request these collection types:
- Mass market paperbacks
- Children’s first readers
- Board books
- Audiovisual materials
- If we have access to a title in an alternate format (e.g. eBook, Large Print), we may refuse to ILLO that title in the requested format. We will remain sensitive to issues of accessibility, however, and will consider each request with care.
These restrictions and guidelines may be revisited in 2020, but for this year, with uncertainty surrounding the impact on the library budget, and how much of an impact the new system of using Canada Post will have on workload, these limits are deemed to be necessary.