All Oxford County Library branches are currently open for browsing.
What to expect when you arrive at the library:
⭐ Proof of vaccination is NOT required to use the library at this time.
⭐ Masks are no longer required but use is encouraged in all Oxford County Library branches
⭐ Please continue to distance from others while in the library
Are you currently offering in-person programs? We are currently offering some in-person programming at a select number of branches. Currently all in-person programs require registration. Find more details on our program calendar https://engagedpatrons.org/EventsCalendar.cfm?SiteID=2048
Are you still offering curbside service? Library service can still be accessed through curbside service by request. Staff will be happy to select materials and prepare them for you to pick up, or home delivery may be arranged.
I'm not feeling well. Am I still able to come pick up my holds? If you or anyone in your family are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please refrain from coming into the library and take advantage of curbside service instead.
Do you offer access to free wifi? Free wireless service can be accessed outside of all OCL branches. Wireless speed has recently been increased at all 14 branch locations.
How can I place a hold on an item to pick up at my local branch?
1. Visit ocl.bibliocommons.com, search for the item you are looking for, click "place hold" and sign in using your username of library barcard and PIN number. Select the branch where you would like to pick up your materials and click on the “place hold” button.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your library card number and the titles you would like placed on hold.
3. Contact your local branch and ask staff to place your hold (note: staff hours at some of our locations are limited).
Can I return my books? We are currently accepting returns at all branches. You can return your material directly into our book return. We are, as always, fine free so don't worry if you have to return your items a bit late.
Can I have items printed at my local branch? Wireless printing is available at Ingersoll, Norwich, Plattsville, Tavistock, Thamesford, and Tillsonburg. We recognize that access to the library’s printing, scanning, faxing and copying services is a vital service for many people in our communities. During library open hours, staff may not have the time to be able to provide these services. However, OCL will try to help you. Please contact your local branch to arrange a time to drop off your documents or contact email@example.com to let us know what you need.
We cannot wait to see you back in our branches and we ask that you:
- Self-screen for COVID symptoms before visiting the library.
- Wearing a mask is still encouraged
- One person only at each computer.
If you can't make it to one of our branches we offer the following options:
- To register for an OCL card or update your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, address, phone number, and date of birth.
- To place a hold on library materials contact your local OCL branch or email email@example.com along with your library card number and the title you would like to place on hold.
- For seniors and families without in-person access to an OCL branch call us at 226-232-5092 to register for a card, arrange home delivery of materials, or learn about available library and community services.
As always OCL's E-Library is open 24/7: You can access ebooks, e-audiobooks, streaming music, movies and more anytime you want.
Staff are available by e-mail to help you find books to read and place holds for you. If you cannot attend curbside, and don’t have someone who could pick up books on your behalf, don’t forget that we can offer home delivery. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.