COVID UPDATE – July 15, 2021
Ingersoll and Tillsonburg branches are currently open for in-person browsing. Beginning July 27, the four Medium Oxford County Library branches (Norwich, Plattsville, Tavistock, and Thamesford) will be open during reduced hours for in-person browsing as allowed in Step 3 of the Provincial Reopening Plan.
What you can expect:
⭐ Physical distancing
⭐ Limited capacity
⭐ Masks required
⭐ 30-minute computer use by appointment. Staff assistance is limited and provided at a distance.
⭐ Browsing allowed.
At busy times, there may be a wait to enter the library.
Beginning July 27, service at our 8 Small branches (Brownsville, Burgessville, Embro, Harrington, Innerkip, Mt. Elgin, Otterville, and Princeton) will be provided based on facility size and physical layout. Please visit www.ocl.net/Your-OCL/Locations-Hours for information on specific branches.
Curbside service will remain available for those who prefer it – please contact the branch to make arrangements.
If you or anyone in your family are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please refrain from coming into the library and take advantage of curbside service instead.
We cannot wait to see you back in our branches and we ask that you:
- Self-screen for COVID symptoms before visiting the library.
- Wear a mask. If you cannot wear a mask, library services will be provided to you through curbside service.
- Keep your visits short as we maintain reduced occupancy levels.
- Limit the number of people from your household if possible.
- One person only at each computer.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Our staff are working very hard to provide you with the best service possible at this time. If you have any questions about current library services or your library account you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library staff at all branches continue to be available to provide assistance with access to library resources and services. We offer the following options:
- To register for an OCL card or update your account, email us at email@example.com along with your name, address, phone number, and date of birth.
- To place a hold on library materials contact your local OCL branch or email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your library card number and the title you would like to place on hold.
- For seniors and families without in-person access to an OCL branch call us at 226-232-5092 to register for a card, arrange home delivery of materials, or learn about available library and community services.
Thank you for your patience as Oxford County Library works toward a safe return to in-branch services.
As always OCL's E-Library is open 24/7: You can access ebooks, e-audiobooks, streaming music, movies and more anytime you want.
Curbside service remains available at our branches. Wireless printing is available at Ingersoll, Norwich, Plattsville, Tavistock, Thamesford, and Tillsonburg. We recognize that access to the library’s printing, scanning, faxing and copying services is a vital service for many people in our communities. During curbside pickup shifts, staff may not have the time to be able to provide these services, and we do not want to encourage people to come to curbside except for those who were notified that their Holds were available for pick up. However, OCL will try to help you. Please contact your local branch to arrange a time to drop off your documents or contact email@example.com to let us know what you need.
In-person library programs will not resume until further notice. We are working hard to ensure that future programs are designed to be able to meet the needs of our communities and delivered in a safe manner. Virtual programming will continue.
Branch staff are always happy to work with individuals to select reading and viewing materials of interest and will gladly pull together a selection of materials for pick-up.
Free wireless service can be accessed outside of all OCL branches. Wireless speed has recently been increased at all 14 branch locations.
Staff are available by e-mail to help you find books to read and place holds for you. If you cannot attend curbside, and don’t have someone who could pick up books on your behalf, don’t forget that we can offer home delivery. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to return books
We are currently accepting returns at all branches. You can return your material directly into our book return. Items will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours before they are checked in by staff so it may take several days before items are removed from your account. We are, as always, fine free so don't worry if you have to return your items a bit late.
Can you come into the library?
We are following provincial ministry guidelines closely. For up-to-date curbside or in-branch hours, please visit: https://www.ocl.net/Your-OCL/Locations-Hours.
Where are we offering curbside pickup?
We are currently offering curbside pickup of holds at all library branches. Current curbside hours for all branches are available at: https://www.ocl.net/Your-OCL/Locations-Hours.
How to place holds
Items picked up during our curbside pickup must be placed on hold in advance.
You can place holds by:
1. Visit search.ocl.net, search for the item you are looking for, click "place a hold" and sign in using your library card and PIN number. Select the branch where you would like to pick up your materials and click on the “place hold” button.
2. Email email@example.com with your library card number and the titles you would like placed on hold.
3. Contact your local branch and ask staff to place your hold (note: staff hours at some of our locations are limited).